Monday, July 30, 2007

Smerky's Such A Clever Boy!

Yesterday, Michael Smerconish claimed credit for inventing a new word in yesterday’s Philadelphia Inquirer, and that would be “hatriolic” (if you choose to punish yourself by reading his column and finding out why he thinks it is important, feel free to do so here if you’re registered, thought I’m sure it will be cross-posted at HuffPo shortly).

The only comment I will make on the substance (what of it there is) of his column is to say that I did a Google search on his word, and all kinds of links came back that showed nothing but profanity, intolerance for anything democratic/progressive/liberal in any way, shape or form, and tons and tons of bad spelling. Why anyone would claim credit for anything that causes these results is something I cannot imagine.

Actually, Smerky (and the Inquirer also), I have my own word for all of you idiots, and here it is: cancellation. My subscription officially ends tomorrow.

See ya’.

No comments: