Saturday, August 04, 2007

You Blew It, Harry (Nancy Too)

This was a gut check, and boy, did you fail (and you'll "revisit" this, like funding for Iraq that you handed to Dubya without a timeline for troop withdrawal?).

I have a message for you, Harry; take a look at Question 4 of this poll. It asks those polled whether or not they approve of the job Congress is doing.

As of 7/21, 60 percent of those polled disapprove. And do you know why? It is because you and your fellow lapdog Democrats refuse to stand up to President Numbskull, that's why. And this latest example, though egregious by itself, is far from the only one.

Because you have no spine, Dubya (as Steve Benen said) will get everything he wants. Again.

The only thing worse than unrestrained Republican corruption, arrogance and old-boy favoritism is Democratic indecisiveness and cowardice. I am not quite done with you, but keep doing stuff like this and I will be.

Update 1: What a sorry lot among the Senate Dems who caved, including Casey (and Jim Webb??).

And by the way, House Dems, don't even imagine signing onto this stinking dead dog of a measure (I just contacted Patrick Murphy's office to communicate that message).

Prof. Marcus has more here.

Update 2: I'm absolutely going to puke (more here).

Update 3 8/5: I knew Patrick's name wouldn't be on this list, but he should be as ashamed of the 30 Blue Dog Democrats out of 41 total who caved for Bush as I am (and next time, I'm not going to lift my little finger to help either Chris Carney or Ciro Rodriguez).

Update 4 8/5: Uh huh...

No comments: