Friday, June 16, 2006

Pompous Papa Pumpkinhead

If there are any fathers out there reading this, I want to wish you a good day this Sunday.

I also want to ask you something; are you as disgusted as I am about the fact that the character whose picture appears here has somehow assumed the mantle of speaking for “fatherhood”? I’d like to ask him if “Big Russ” taught him to be a devious weasel of a journalist who is more concerned with promoting and misrepresenting himself and his guests than doing his job. At least Bill Cosby, like him or not, has the guts to stand up and say words that he knows may not be well received by his audience though he is often right.

Anyway, I found two individuals here who I believe are much better examples of fathers trying to do the right thing for their families each in his way; one is Jim Lamb and the other is his son, writer Paul Lamb. I think they represent both the aspirations and conflicts fathers and sons perpetually face, and in my own small way, I’d like to pay tribute to them.

No comments: