Friday, November 11, 2005

You Friends Of Robertson?

Even though this clown from The Federalist Society exposed the Repugs' racist underbelly with this remark (and Mitt Romney, governor of Massachusetts, lowered himself even further in my book by not repudiating it), the religion that I try to practice in my imperfect way, ridiculed by the "KKK" reference, teaches me to "turn the other cheek," even when it is apparent to any sensate life form existing on this planet that ignorance is currently flourishing at that moment.

Let's hear Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, Malkin, Beck, O'Reilly, Michael Medved and their ilk scream about this offensive behavior the way they frothed and carried on when John Kerry appeared at that celebrity benefit last year at Madison Square Garden during the election and laughed slightly when Whoopi Goldberg and others made crude jokes about Bush, with Kerry stating that the people on stage with him were everyday Americans. The conservative yapping heads sure were apoplectic over nothing on that occasion, weren't they? Well, I'll be waiting for their repudiation of Romney and Walpin (and I'm sure the only thing I'll hear will be silence).

Actually, I have to give Walpin a bit of credit. I'd meant to add a link to the web site of The Federalist Society on this page under "The Dark Side," and I'd forgotten to do that. He just reminded me with this remark, and I just took care of it.

No comments: