Monday, April 09, 2007

Two Stories I Ignored Today

(And I’m glad I did, to make room for Digby’s great post here…)

- The “blogger biddie patrol” on page 1 of the New York Times (unbelievable; again, Digby via Atrios sums up the absurdity).
- One word: Imus. He borders somewhere between a has-been and a never-was who only gets the time of day as a corporate media stooge because he venomously attacked the Clintons at that White House press club dinner in 1996 (if those frauds can’t handle Stephen Colbert, then they should ban those things forever – they represent what’s wrong with that cesspool anyway).

Update 4/10/07: I’ve pondered what I said here a bit, prompted by this fine post by Alex Leo of HuffPo, and I agree with much of what she has to say. I’m not trying to demean the foul treatment suffered by some of the women bloggers (though I cannot understand why anyone would think posting pictures of family members on a blog, particularly kids, is a good idea), but ultimately, what I’m saying is “D.I.Y.” I’ve posted some loose comment guidelines here, and though I will freely admit that I don’t get the traffic some of these other sites get, I think we need to act individually on this (and also, as Digby points out, our corporate media rarely does any “self-policing” of this type, but it’s up to us filthy, unkempt liberal bloggers to tidy ourselves up and abide by some imaginary code that apparently exists in the mind of Mark Halperin, Joe Klein, and a few others).

No comments: