Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where There's A "Wilf," There's A Way

I thought this was interesting. It turns out that those zany Brits spend, on average, about two days a month “wilfing,” which is a term they’ve coined for more or less browsing indiscriminately on the Web (an abbreviation for “what was I looking for?”).

Gosh, was an unproductive abuse of resources (smirk…and, as you may expect, the study that determined this also figured out that men spend more time “wilfing” than women - naturally).

"The Internet was designed to make it easier for people to access the information they need quickly and conveniently," said Jason Lloyd, head of broadband at the (moneysupermarket.com) website (the people who commissioned the study).

"However, our study shows that although people log on with a purpose, they are now being offered so much choice and online distraction that many forget what they are there for, and spend hours aimlessly wilfing instead."
Luckily for me there’s no blogging equivalent to this. I mean, when I set out to post, I NEVER get confused. I just know that Abu Gonzales is going to be discussing immigration with Adam “Pacman” Jones while Howard K. Stern tells Ahmadinejad to apologize to the Rutgers women’s basketball team for selling nukes to Don Imus…



Never mind; I’ll try again later.

No comments: