Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

At this point, I nominate the conservative bloggers taking umbrage at remarks made by Elizabeth Edwards about Monty Johnson of Orange County, North Carolina collectively as Crybabies Of The Year.

As noted here by USA Today, Edwards spoke her mind again (I know, how dare she actually do that and not utterly kow-tow to the Repugs at every turn) and said that Johnson was “a rabid, rabid Republican.”

Here is the rest of what she said…

She hasn't met him, but "I wouldn't be nice to him, anyway," Edwards said. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who, when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me." She also doesn't like the "slummy" condition of the man's property, she said.
It’s really funny for me to read this indignation from the right-wing knuckle draggers when some of these cretins regularly assault those of my particular political ideology in the Bucks County Courier Times as “godless” people for whom the work “sacrifice” doesn’t exist (Jack Kelly), people who don’t “have the stomach to defend America” (J.D. Mullane), and other abusive words too numerous to catalogue in anyone’s lifetime (hell, you could retire on a task like this based on the literary assaults of Cal Thomas alone). And I’m not even mentioning the venom contained in the Letters to the Editor.

But oh, call someone “a rabid, rabid Republican,” and let the “river of tears” begin to flow, right (though if anything in her remarks was borderline, I think it would be the “slummy” characterization).

The people who took offense are those who would be offended by anything actual or perceived anyway. So good for them that the shoe is on the other foot for a change.

No comments: