Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Reflection

I wonder if the man considers the great sacrifice he made for our country and then wonders how he could let himself be the pawn of such a shameless bunch of scoundrels. Considering his courageous service, how can he then decide to align himself with this amoral bunch of carpetbaggers? That, to me, is the only rationale for his childish partisan outburst.

I know I’ve already considered this previously, but it’s still hard for me to understand (especially on behalf of people who, practically to a person, did nothing when the call came to serve except run away as fast as they could).

I’ll just chalk it up to one of life’s great mysteries and leave it at that.

P.S. – Speaking of McCain’s handlers, Gonzales (according to Atrios and others) is apparently citing the actions of everybody under the sun (defense analysts, dead former Presidents including George Washington – yes, you read that correctly) as a precedent for Dubya’s domestic spying. I guess he’s not going to cite Nixon, though, which would be appropriate actually.

No comments: