Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Kind Of Symmetry

I mean, doesn’t it make sense (a cartoon president decrying cartoon violence, that is)?

I guess the next thing we’re likely to see is Tom (not Jerry) accidentally slamming Buddha on the head with a nail spike attached to a board, or Wile E. Coyote dropping an anvil on the Dalai Lama in pursuit of the Road Runner. Maybe I should dig that plastic wrap and duct tape that Tom Ridge said we needed out of storage to protect myself from the subsequent rioting that will follow - could it be that I'll need it after all? I guess, then, the highest level of terror alert will be changed from "red" to "a-thea, a-thea, a-thea...that's all folks!!"

As I (like you) watch this story unfold, the one question I have is this; what the hell do Muslims who are law-abiding and truly practice their faith think of all of this.

I think this provides a pretty good answer (and item #2 points out that “peaceful” demonstrations should be staged, by the way).

Update 2/8: Trudy Rubin, as usual, sizes this up pretty well (registration required).

No comments: