Monday, September 17, 2007

Hang Up, Log Off, And Drive

I have to hand it to Governor Ahh-nold in Cal-Lee-Four-Nee-Aahh; he’s one smart Repug at times.

This story tells us that he recently signed a law making it illegal for drivers under 18 to use cell phones, computers, or texting devices while driving.

I'll admit, though, that I think it’s a mistake not to allow drivers under 18 to use a hands-free phone, and I think all three standards should be uniform for all ages. But this is a start, and it’s bound to save lives.

Texting while driving is a pet peeve of mine going way back to this post (and I can’t track down any further information on the bill introduced by Dem PA State Rep. Eugene DePasquale to ban texting while driving aside from here…I’ll pass along any information I may get on this).

No comments: