Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Proof That Zombie Lies Never Die

Congratulations to Senator Bob Casey for being awarded with the opportunity to speak at the upcoming Democratic National Convention (noted here, probably a reward in part for his endorsement of Obama when everyone else in PA except for Patrick Murphy endorsed Hillary Clinton).

However, part of me wants to pummel Mark Halperin to a pulp over resurrecting the LIE YET AGAIN! that Casey’s father, former PA Governor Bob Casey, Sr., was denied the opportunity to speak at the 1992 convention because he opposed abortion (he opposed the Clinton-Gore ticket so he wasn’t granted the opportunity to speak, I’ll probably be repeating this forever, this is a recording…).

Update 8/16/08: Good stuff from Media Matters on this...

Update 8/25/08: It's pretty much a joke at this point (h/t Atrios)...

Update 8/27/08: Part of me wonders if it's really worth the bother anymore (here).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot of folks don't know unless they check the voting record is that Casey has not missed a vote. He may not vote the way one likes but he is if putting in his time which is what he is supposed to do..but its still nice to know there are some people in congress who take the job seriously.

doomsy said...

Casey didn't make me happy on FISA, but few Democrats did (including, as I've noted already, Patrick Murphy). However, I think he's put together a pretty respectable voting record...I know there have been some other clunkers, but usually I can recall them off the top of my head (a couple with Carper, I know). On balance, I would say he's done a good job, and not missing a vote is outstanding (the "anti-McCain," if you will).