Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Stuff

Hot Chip ("Ready For The Floor"; looks to me like someone's science experiment went horribly wrong)...



...and Jacob from "Why Tuesday" poses his voting question to Al Franken and Sen. Norm Coleman, and I think Al gave a much better response (Coleman could honestly have "stuck to his guns" on Tuesday voting and offered a more persuasive argument, but I grudgingly give him some slight credit for responding at all)...



...some pretty interesting stuff happened on this day in history; the AP reports...



...and as a tribute to legendary music producer Jerry Wexler, here's Dusty Springfield with "Son Of A Preacher Man" from back in the day (one of Wexler's triumphs was the album "Dusty In Memphis" from which this song originated).



Update 8/16/08: And I meant to include this; Kagro X asks a good question here...

1 comment:

John said...

Wonderful wonderful person

Accept my sincere thanks and appreciation

John


http://www.dirking.net