Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trying To Kill Another Anti-Obama Talking Point

After reading this kos post, it occurred to me that somebody should point out something unsaid so far (as near as I can tell) concerning this pseudo-controversy about Barack Obama taking a vacation while "Straight Talk" McBush continued to pretend that he has a foreign policy expertise that, as nearly as I can tell, was conferred upon him by Fox Noise and selected other favored media outlets, strengthened somehow by his decision not to go and decompress for a little while also (though one could look at McBush's voting record and wonder if his vacation from his job has ever ended).

As a parent of a young child, I should note that vacations aren't, first and foremost, for the parents (with Barack and Michelle Obama parents of two young daughters). Vacations are for the family, especially when you're talking about kids the same age as those of the Obamas and the young one.

McBush's children, however, are either grown adults or teenagers by now, so family vacations, though important, take on a whole new meaning. Now I will grant you that, should Obama win in November, everything I've said here is likely to change. But for now, I think this needs to be pointed out to our media drones who think Barack Obama's decision to spend time with his family constitutes a lapse in judgment.

No comments: