Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bobby Jindal Is An Idiot

(Sigh - here we go again...).

I know there are many tolerant Catholics possessing common sense and compassion who are just living their lives, have no desire to try and cram our beliefs down anyone else's throat and wish for all of us to just get along (like me). But why oh why is it that many of the Catholics in public life are intolerant, loudmouthed morons?

Rep. Bobby Jindal is a Republican (surprised?) running for governor of Louisiana. Aside from hoping and praying and doing what I can to help the people of Louisiana whose lives were turned completely upside down by Katrina to get back on their feet, I couldn't give a fig about what happens in that state, politically, culturally, or otherwise.

However, the fact that Jindal passes himself off as someone who represents my faith (he most certainly does not, as far as I'm concerned) is repellent and abhorrent to me to the point where I believe I have to speak out against him.

So here is the YouTube video and this link to the Daily Kos post that provides more information.

God, am I sick of these people!

P.S. - I get mad at the Fundies because many of them are guilty of Jindal's behavior and advocate a like-minded political agenda, and continue to do so; I certainly don't disrespect their desire to worship as they see fit.

No comments: