Monday, October 02, 2006

"Page-Gate," Anyone?

I don’t have a lot to add to the controversy surrounding recently-resigned Repug U.S. House Representative Mark Foley from Florida over some illicit activity (update: after reading some of those "IMs," it's safe to say that it's way beyond "illicit") of one type or another with a House page or two (or three??) since it’s being thoroughly covered elsewhere (including HuffPo and Media Matters, as well as covered up as thoroughly as possible by the House Repug “leadership”), but I did come across this link that I thought was very interesting (and Foley’s name is on the list).

It just goes to show that the Repugs will always trot out the “family values” card unless the spotlight is shining on them at hitting them right between the eyes.

And I think that, as a result of this, every House page should wear a wire for at least six months to try and put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

Also, Glenn Greenwald and Think Progress are all over this as well (via Atrios), but I particularly wanted to highlight this post from Erin Kotecki Vest at HuffPo (I know the language is harsh, but appropriately so...I think her sheer rage at Tony Snow for that consummately stupid remark of his earlier today is well justified).

And by the way, I think this editorial sums it up pretty well.

Update: Josh Marshall weighs in on the political impact, but Hunter at the Daily Kos nails it.

I and others have asked this question before about the Repugs, and I think, considering all of this, it's time to ask it again:

Had Enough?

No comments: