Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Silent As A Judge" Indeed

The latest developments in the John Roberts nomination saga kind of make me hark back to this.

I've chided Nat Hentoff in the past for defending Bushco on a variety of fronts, including the Terri Schiavo travesty, but I have to give him props for this evaluation of the guy who probably, for better or ill, will be the next Chief Justice.

Also, I would definitely trust the counsel of Alan Dershowitz in these matters (we'll see how correct he is if Roberts gets on; even if somehow the committee doesn't recommend him, I'm quite sure he has the numbers to make it if it comes to a floor vote - doesn't make me happy to admit that, but we have to be practical about this stuff.)

Update 1: Bless you Howie for fighting the good fight, which we all must do. I'll get my letter together shortly.

Update 2: Go, Harry, Go (take your best shot anyway).

No comments: