Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Welcome To Bushville

(By the way, I’m sure any blogger who may be reading this has joined the “Impeach Bush” coalition by now. If not, please click the button under the exchange links in the right column to find out more.)

Here is a link to information on the FEMA-supervised conditions for refugees from Hurricane Katrina (sounds a lot like the Okies moving west to escape “the dust bowl”…real “Grapes Of Wrath” stuff).

I forget who the Repug was, identified on “The Huffington Post” yesterday, who said that “God did to New Orleans public housing what we’ve been trying to do all along,” or something like that (referring to Katrina, of course - Update 9/14: Because of the amazing "My Hometown" video from "Bring It On" that I've linked to in the right column, I found out it was Repug U.S. Rep. Richard Baker of Louisiana...the arrogance takes your breath away sometimes), but believe me, those remarks sound like they come straight from Wingnuttia, to quote Atrios, but rest assured that these people are serious about this stuff (which, I think, puts the story in the link above into the appropriate context).

And why stop at herding people into difficult living conditions? (Oh, but “The Beautiful Mind” thinks this is such an improvement for them, and her daughter-in-law was out there trying to spread the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" mantra also.) Why not, say, just for the heck of it, decide to start rolling back civil liberties, court rulings that ensured people’s rights, and a fair wage established by congressional legislation?

And who has authored all of this? (I hate to keep taking shots at my own race, but sometimes the shoe really does fit after all, though this cabal of oppressors is much higher on the economic and political “food chain,” if you will, than I will ever be.)

Update: The Smirking Chimp has another chilling tale to tell in Bush's "Battle of New Orleans."

No comments: