Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Stuff

Oh noes - looks like President Obama may have another foreign policy crisis on his hands (hat tip for this to Ms. Edith Mansoor; dearest one, my husband bequeathed a fortune to me from the government of Namibia before he was killed by Somali pirates, but now the British consulate is making me give it away - send me all of your bank account information so I can forward it to you instead and I will be happy again)...


Spam Crackdown Threatens Koy4Goff's Penis Enlarger, Free iPod Industry

...and I seem to recall Obama also saying that we "should put aside childish things," but apparently, these geniuses as CPAC "didn't get the memo"...




..."Still Bushed" (J.P. Morgan and Bank of America - them again! - took TARP funds and then decided they "wanted to play some 'hoops'," as it were; Bobby ("Don't Call Me Piyush") Jindal gets left high and dry over his little "fish" story about Katrina; and under Bushco, companies banned from being awarded federal contracts were...umm...awarded federal contracts - to paraphrase Frank Zappa, "the beat goes on and they're so wroo-ong")...




...and speaking of music, Robert Drake of WXPN's "Land of the Lost" ('80s music) conducted an enjoyable interview tonight with Stan Ridgway of Wall of Voodoo, who apparently is coming to the Sellersville Theater next month, but I couldn't find anything on the schedule - here's the band from "back in the day"...



...and just for the heck of it, here's something a bit more recent.

No comments: