Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday Stuff

Norwegian doctor Mads Gilbert narrates the carnage in Gaza - here's the link to C&L for more...



...as grotesque as the Israeli war is at this point (any sympathy for them on my end just evaporated), I still want to note the following (hopefully, you'll forgive my change of the subject here); namely, that Dubya is about to award three of his most loyal lap dogs with the Medal of Freedom (as noted here), and given that, I think it's appropriate to pay tribute to one of them again, and that would be Tony Blair, yet another "better man" hoodwinked by George W. Milhous Bush (here's "Gay Bar," by The Electric Six)...



...again, maybe humor is inappropriate given what is going on half a world away, but this year-end review of '08 was forwarded to me by one of my senior correspondents, and I just wanted to share it before the prior year fades into history (we need to laugh when we can, people)...



...and here's Lucinda Williams ("Real Love" on "The Late Show" - I'll let Dave "take us out").

No comments: