Thursday, October 11, 2007

It Was “Practical” For Them

It looks like the sour, self-promoting, holier-than-thou apple doesn’t fall far from the foul Bushco tree, does it?

So Time asked Jenna Bush 10 questions (tied to her hawking a new book, of course), and one is the following…

If the war in Iraq is so noble, why aren't you and your sister serving our country there? — Donald Pence, San Francisco

I understand that point, but there are many ways to serve our country, and I think my skills are better suited for teaching and representing the U.S. in Latin America through UNICEF. I respect the men and women of our country who are over there fighting. It is an unbelievably selfless thing to do. But if people really thought about it, they would know it's not even a practical question.
Oh, I don’t know about that. You seem like a fairly able-bodied young woman, Jenna. I’m sure you could get into fighting shape to be shipped out over to the Mesopotamian sand pit and face all manner of deprivation, sentenced to the same fate as many your age and older by your father.

And you might even want to read about these brave women who paid the ultimate price so you could continue to bask in the media spotlight and live in the lap of luxury (and so I could continue to work on this blog, I realize).

But I guess that’s too much to ask, since, after all, you’re just another Republican dodging the brutal, life-threatening work left to be done by others as far as you’re concerned (like these guys; I knew they would screen out my comment – tee hee…).

(And by the way, this former president from Texas didn’t exempt his family from service, and he sure as hell attended some of the funerals also.)

(One more thing - I know going after family members like this is borderline, but she chose to give the quote in the interview, so...)

No comments: