Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Request Of My Brethren

I have to admit that I saw this poll on The Daily Kos this morning and I was taken aback somewhat.

I know we all here do what we can to communicate to people in a forum that, don’t forget, is maturing each day along with other means of promoting ideas, causes and points of view, but I think it’s a mistake for us to forget about trying to communicate to people who still read ink output on dead trees.

I think we should embrace whatever opportunity we can to get people on board with us. And my guess is that there are people still reading the traditional corporate media who may or may not know of bloggers, the netroots, the progressive movement, etc. and could be truly enlightened if we took the time to reach out to them via some kind of a Letter to the Editor or a Guest Column of some type (one of the reasons why I think it’s so important to publicize David Sirota, among others).

So please consider scribbling something along the lines of what we post about here and sending it off to a newspaper or magazine for the betterment of those poor souls wandering around in the dark. We need all the potential new recruits we can get.

No comments: