Monday, April 23, 2007

Patrick and Rupert Murdoch

Just for the record, let me link back to this post in which I asked U.S. House 8th District Representative Patrick Murphy to do what he could to revoke the citizenship of Rupert Murdoch.

I’m mentioning this because Patrick provided the courtesy of a response a few weeks ago…

In reference to Rupert Murdoch, I share your concerns about Mr. Murdoch’s conduct and agenda. However, I do not feel that revoking Mr. Murdoch’s citizenship is part of the job that the citizens of the Eighth Congressional District elected me to do. While I disagree with many of the policies and positions Mr. Murdoch has advocated, I feel that the most effective way for me to counter this is to oppose those policies here in Congress.
I appreciate Patrick’s acknowledgement; all I can do is take a shot, as they say (and the courtesy of a response would have been nice from Silent Bob Casey also, but I’m not holding my breath on that).

No comments: