Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sports Of All Sorts

In case you missed it earlier this week, newly drafted Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver (and former Olympian) Jeremy Bloom presented Dubya with a jersey this week (or tried to) during a White House ceremony honoring the athletes, making some joke about "sucking up to Dubya" in the process.

It is my sincerest wish that, during one of the opening full-contact Eagles practices this summer, Bloom decides to run a crossing pattern right in front of strong safety Brian Dawkins, who will doubtless hit Bloom so hard that the wideout will be separated from the ball as well as some of his body parts.

Also, I don't give a rat's ass about Barry Bonds and his chemically-assisted achievement today. Instead, let's all say a prayer for the horse.

Update 5/21: From hockey beat writer Tim Panaccio in today's Inquirer:

Barry Bonds refused to autograph his 713th home-run ball in Philly (he hit it about a week or so ago). It reminded us of something Jeremy Roenick said days before he was traded from the Flyers to Los Angeles. "There is no one too busy that they can't sign their name," J.R. said. "Sometimes you are rushed, so you sign as you walk. But for someone to say, 'no' to a fan is a slap in the face and an outright insult. I don't care if people make money off my signature. I am not one of those guys that would say you can't do that. I make enough money in my career during my lifetime, why would I worry if someone makes five or 10 bucks on my autograph?"
Bonds is a joke.

No comments: