Tuesday, August 09, 2005

When A Blog Dies

Outsourced America threw in the towel yesterday, which is an occasion of sadness as far as I’m concerned. The impression I got from the final post was that they were fed up/angry/disgusted/any or all of the above over the direction this country is headed under Bushco and the fact that too many people are oblivious to it (though I would suggest that “the word” is FINALLY getting through). Part of me doesn’t understand why they gave up, part of me does, and I also realize I could get to the same “burnout” point also (though I should caution you that I am nowhere near that point now, despite these dark days of Bushco dominance).

OA was either the first, second, or third blog I ever read, and for its time (a few months to a year ago), it was chock full of great information about how the investor class is stealing this country right from under our feet and stiffing us with the bill. It did a great job of cutting through the crap and putting everything into context. Many of the links that appear on this site were places that I didn’t know about until I found out about them from OA.

I dabble in the territory of outsourcing and corporate trickery at times, and I will try to devote more space to it and pick up their slack, though there are hundreds and possibly thousands of other blogs out there that will carry on with that cause also. We will endure and persevere and look forward to OA returning in some other form at some point to continue fighting the good fight.

No comments: