Thursday, August 11, 2005

Diss You

Go for it, Mr. Jagger!

Looks like Buscho can’t get no satisfaction from Mick and the boys. What a bitch. Oh well, you can’t always get what you want…

OK, OK, I’ll stop.

As we all know (most of us, anyway), The Rolling Stones are the greatest rock n’ roll band in the world. I have no right whatsoever to write a bit of satire (not funny, though, but trying to make a point) based on one of their greatest songs (think end credits for “Full Metal Jacket”). However, I will anyway.

I’m camped in Tikrit and I’m fearful of attack
Or getting fragged by Sunnis when I turn my back
I’ve been sent by our government to stay until we’ve “won”
But I pray for Cindy Sheehan – Lord God rest her son

I wear my flak suit and my gear in scorching heat
And take small arms fire from insurgents in the street
I’d scream in Dubya’s face if I ever got the chance
Try to last five minutes here; I bet he’d wet his pants

If roadside trash contains an IED, we’re screwed
And Halliburton serves us all despoiled food
I’m stuck inside the sand and swelter of Iraq
In all my sleepless nights, I fear I won’t get back

I’m going home by mid 2006…we’ll see
Before elections, when Bush claims his victory
We’ve turned the whole damn awful place into a slum
And made more terrorists we’ll fight for years to come

Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm...

No comments: