Friday, September 27, 2024

Friday Stuff


I know we’ve had some fun with J.D. Vance over the couch thing, but when it comes to admittedly more important matters, he is absolutely a stone cold liar when it comes to accusing Kamala Harris of making illegal immigrants somehow legal (and also notwithstanding the fact that an immigration bill to address the stuff he and Sweaty Orange Boy are yelling about is languishing in the Senate because #45 told his Repug minions to sit on it), to say nothing of the fact that the veep nominee is (as we know) making up BS on this subject...well, now comes U.S. House numbskull Clay Higgins of Louisiana to turn the racist MAGA xenophobia “up to 11,” as Mike Figueredo tells us (more is here...NSFW/H)...



...and this Lincoln Project video reminds us that, given that he’s hating on Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio (who have done not one wrong thing, let’s not forget - the car crash that killed young Aiden Clark was a tragic accident), fake populist and couch f*cker (alleged!) J.D. Vance basically is telling everyone that he also hates his wife of Indian descent and his own mixed-race kids (and it looks like Vance had another idiotic rant based on this)...



...and Steve Shives, sitting in again for Jesse Dollemore, lets us know that Alex Jones will pretty soon find himself with a pot to piss in and that’s about it, thanks to the fact that he’s going to have to liquidate all of his Infowars garbage in order to pay the $1 billion settlement he faces for maligning the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook gun massacre and bringing living hell onto these people who already suffered the most horrible imaginable losses...I can think of plenty of other people in Jones’s orbit who truly deserve this fate also, but for now, this is some justice anyway...



...and this segment from More Perfect Union hits yours truly where he lives, since it has to do with food service workers at Philly sports stadiums striking against Aramark, which is indeed a truly awful company...I hope the workers manage to get a contract that doesn’t constitute indentured servitude...we manage to get to Citizens Bank Park about once a year for a Phillies game (which is often a fun night out, and made better when they win of course), though getting tickets for the postseason is a wholly other matter, and we’ve been to the “Linc” to see the Eagles, but given ticket prices ($400 apiece for “nosebleed” seats), I don’t expect to do that again anytime soon, and I’m sorry (well, not really), but for me, the Wells Fargo Center isn’t that great of a venue anyway, to say nothing of the fact that I’m not happy with the Sixers for basically trying to extort a Center City arena, and though the Flyers have come back pretty far, they’re still a work in progress (I keep waiting for our alleged sports media geniuses to hold that franchise to account for all of their screwups, and I know I’ll never see that day either)...



...and for anybody out there who remembers the “I’m Just A Bill” cartoon from “Schoolhouse Rock” (maybe one or two I guess), I thought this was a pretty good takeoff on that having to do with Project 2025...this stuff (and much more on this subject of course) can’t be repeated enough times as far as yours truly is concerned...



...and I admit that I have a bit of housekeeping to do with this musical selection; before the start of fall on 9/21, I usually include this number to mark the official end of my summer tunes...well, I goofed on that last week, so please allow me to make amends now.

No comments: