Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Stuff


“Now it begins” (Steve Cohen needs to fix his shirt collar, though I admit that that’s a minor point)…


…and while what Bill Maher is talking about here may not be impeachable by itself, then, well, let’s just say that, at an absolute minimum, it shows damn poor judgment (NSFW I think)…


…and I thought this was some great dot-connecting by John Oliver, though (as I think I mentioned earlier), there really isn’t much that’s new about “whataboutism” (NSFW also)…



…and Farron Cousins of Ring of Fire tells us about an accidental re-tweet from the Pentagon about Generalissimo Trump resigning (along with Roy Moore and Al Franken).


And by the way, I don’t like what Franken did either (here), but here’s the thing; he got out front with an apology almost right away. And to me, that counts for something (along with this from Franken's accuser). Besides, let’s have the ethics investigation go forward – which Franken has encouraged – and if it turns out that he needs to resign (which would be awful since he’s spot-on for so many other issues, but there you are), then he can do it AFTER the investigation has completed.

And for anybody who sez “What a typical libtard! Double standard!,” then I’ll just say this; the person taking up space in An Oval Office is guilty of a hell of a lot worse than Franken has apologized for, and he plainly isn’t going to go anywhere unless he’s forced to. And I for one am fed up with this supposed unwritten Beltway courtier media “rule” that the Repugs can get away with whatever they want but, if a Dem is at least accused of the same or a comparable offense, then they MUST fall on their proverbial sword every time...



…and the interesting part of this report on the utterly lurid exploits of former Repug Sen. Bob Packwood (insert your own scatological reference here) is who led the calls for Packwood’s ouster, as Rachel Maddow tells us; would that “the sins of the flesh” had been Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao’s failing as opposed to his servile compliance to the whims of the “one percent”…



…and with that in mind, don’t think I’ve forgotten about yesterday’s atrocity – far from it (to do something about it, click here...more here)…


…and Ana, Michael Shure and Mark Thompson tell us about the Texas sheriff who went after the woman with the “F-Trump…” sign on her truck (and way to not back down, ma’am)…



…and I don’t know how many more tunes from 1967 I’m going to be able to get in, so I’d better not forget this one.

No comments: