Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday Stuff

Rachel Maddow talks to Malcolm Nance about the Fusion GPS (and Glenn Simpson) corroboration of the Steele Dossier, which is looking more and more legit – not good news for the Gropenfuhrer…



…and K.O. tells us about all of those backing away from the Dear Leader (including our beloved commonwealth of PA – as far as I’m concerned, the fact that we helped to install this utterly toxic fraud will be a source of eternal shame)…



…and if you want to see how Generalissimo Trump typically lied in his little Phoenix gathering of upright, biped life forms recently, I would ask that you watch this video (and click here)…


…and oh yeah: Rex Tillerson, please call your office (and I don’t mean ExxonMobil)…


…and I can’t think of a word to describe how silly this is (I think Nomiki Konst is exactly right about what ESPN could have done so nobody would have been the wiser)…



And by the way, I’d like to change the topic a bit before I put up the music video.

In a word, I don’t think the national Democratic Party has learned a damn thing after the 2016 election. We’re still playing defense (OMIGOD, STOP TRUMP! GIVE US MONEY!) and sending out Emails with scary subject lines (AWFUL NEWS! STOP TRUMP!). And by pointing that out, I’m not saying that you shouldn’t give money to Democrats (and I’m DEFINITELY not saying you shouldn’t STOP TRUMP).

Update 8/28/17: Oh, and today's screaming Email from the DCCC says "We're BEGGING!" (just an FYI).

And yes, I know my video selections have been pretty much devoted to Trump/Russia, and maybe I need to do more to get out a positive message too. I’ll do what I can to change that.

I’ve had this on my mind since watching the most recent episode of “Real Time With Bill Maher” with former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, who said, in about a minute or two, that the Democrats have to figure out what they are, present a positive, alternative vision of this country, and THEN go out and try to get people to join and contribute! Yes, the Trump/Russia stuff and all of Number 45’s miseries need to be addressed, but (and here I go again, I know) THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO BE INCLUSIVE AGAIN AND NOT JUST THINK PEOPLE WILL VOTE FOR THEM BECAUSE ZOMG THE REPUGS ARE NUTS!!!

The closest I’ve seen to this are the so-called “Justice Democrats” such as Ro Khanna that potty mouth Kyle Kulinski talks about. And yes, DNC centrist losers, maybe there are some aspects of Bernie Sanders’s campaign that puts you off. But he did a hell of a lot better job of galvanizing support in the last election than anyone else did, SO YOU’D BETTER SURE AS HELL TAKE A PAGE FROM HIS BOOK, OR EVEN THE WHOLE DAMN BOOK ITSELF! In short (And once again, here I go again), we’d better figure out a way to bring these internal factions of ours together and end this damn circular firing squad (how about a summit with, say, David Sirota and Peter Daou for starters?).

Ok – with all of that said, here’s another summer tune.

No comments: