Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Stuff


If there’s anything I actually DO believe about the Gropenfuhrer, it’s that he will in fact shut down the government to pay for his stinking wall. And we’ll all get totally screwed. Bigly…


…and golly, look who President Tiny-Handed Egomaniac nominated to head the USDA – who else could you expect, really; somebody actually qualified?


(Oh, and speaking of stupidity, I realized that I hadn’t checked in with our township’s Republican house organ for a little while, otherwise knowns as the Bucks County Courier Times, but I did so today and came across the following…and yeah, the “letter” was every bit as idiotic as you’d expect from the headline.)



…and here’s a news flash for anyone out there who still may not believe this (related to science also like the prior vid), but renewable energy is actually good business


...and kudos to vet Will Fischer for this on you-know-who and Afghanistan (and thanks to Fischer for his service)...


…and I know I went on a bit yesterday about how I should do my part to remind people of what the Dems stand for, and even though this clip is a little dated now (to say nothing of incomplete), you can consider this to be my contribution…



Update 9/1/17: This was good also - OK, DNC...let's try to frame some actual policies that work around this, OK?

…and I thought this was another important story from Rachel Maddow, this time about how the U.S.S. Indianapolis was recently found, but quite rightly will remain entombed since it truly is hallowed ground (harks back to the scene in “Jaws” where Quint, played by Robert Shaw, recounts the horror of what happened…that scene was originally scripted by John Milius, by the way, but Shaw himself edited it and delivered it of course)…



…and the Syrian artist who is the subject of this clip is my hero of the week…maybe the whole month actually…


…and I’m sure he gets referred to as Willie’s son a lot, which I think would be pretty cool if it were me, actually – sure he feels the same way.

No comments: