Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday Stuff

OK people, I’m back…had some glorious time off in our Blue State paradise for about a week, but now duty calls once more I suppose.

And by the way, for what it’s worth, I did a totally unscientific survey of 2016 election bumper stickers on MVY vehicles, and as you might expect, there were a few Trump/Pence ones on beat-up pickup trucks owned probably by construction people and general contractors (if I were to guess) and some Clinton/Kaine bumper stickers also on some random sedans (never could understand them using a symbol instead of just putting the names on the stickers, one of the MANY things wrong with that campaign as far as I’m concerned). Maybe there were slightly more Clinton/Kaine stickers than Trump stickers, but not by much. However, Bernie Sanders stickers were all over the place…not even close as to who was most popular on that basis.

With that being said, it’s time to dive into this as follows (and it looks like we’re still stuck with Generalissimo Trump…sigh)…



…and I know this is about a week old by now, but I just had to include this from Stephen Colbert…



...and all the best to Sen. John McCain (here) - yeah, I've made the "tire swing" jokes about his relationship with the Beltway media just like everyone else, but imagine a Republican candidate for president saying these words as opposed to the never-ending stream of oral diarrhea from Number 45 (hat tip to Ian Reifowitz of Daily Kos for the clip)...



...and widdle Spicey is OUTTA HERE too (as Paul Krugman said, condolences to Melissa McCarthy)...



...and yes, I'm definitely opposed to any attempt whatsoever to rehabilitate Former President Highest Disapproval Rating In Gallup Poll History (though I have to admit that his portrayal in the second Harold and Kumar movie was pretty funny), and I think people should lay off of Ellen DeGeneres and Jimmy Kimmel, but I still think we need this reminder…

...and RIP Martin Landau...



...and George Romero (John Heard also)...



...and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.

No comments: