Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

It’s still beyond shocking to me that one of these life forms could potentially be elected president next year - we would be just as big a laughingstock on the world stage as we were during Dubya’s sorry reign, or maybe worse (and of course our ol’ buddy Vlad Putin would like to see this too – kudos to Rachel Maddow for speaking truth to stoo-pid…I’m also shocked that Hugh Hewitt asked such a good question, so I reluctantly have to give him kudos also…Trump’s answer should scare the hell out of everybody)…



…and this is the stuff of nightmares also…



…and this is difficult stuff as well; this video may be a bit upsetting; a Reuters report on mothers who take opioids and the effect it has on their offspring, and some of the penalties these mothers are facing as a result – yes, provide the proverbial stick when we have to, but provide carrots as well (I’d totally forgotten about our former Congressman Jim Greenwood, but it’s nice to see him as an advocate here – this is a step in the right direction, but not much more than that without any federal dollars for treatment of both mothers and their babies…where’s the “family values” crowd when you need them?)…



…fortunately, I can add something here that is a bit more upbeat; the latest in the fight against AIDS w/Bono (I pretty much completely hated Jesse Helms and felt only slightly less hostile to Dubya, and I never liked the way Bushco administered - for lack of a better word - PEPFAR, but again credit where it's due)…



…and now time for the seasonal stuff - I guess Harry is ready for his closeup…



…and I still think Pearl Bailey is on the right track here…



…and good for Dino for reminding us of more seasonal weather…



…and it’s not Christmas without this number, speaking only for myself of course.

No comments: