Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Ill Wind Of Change

The Minerals Management Service released its 3,000 page draft Environmental Impact Statement last week claiming that “the wind farm off Cape Cod (MA) would have little lasting impact on wildlife, navigation, and tourism.”

This is the same Minerals Management service under Dick Cheney acolyte Randall Luhti that opened up nearly 30 million acres of Alaskan waters to oil and gas leasing in the heart of polar bear country (as noted here).

To say I’m skeptical of the MMS findings is putting it mildly (and by the way, somehow I don’t think the matter of the wind farms possibly obstructing the view of Ted Kennedy from his Hyannis compound is the biggest issue on the table; Boston Globe reporter Beth Dailey mentioned that here).

Lots of important information telling us what we can do, in particular area residents, can be found here.

And I’m sorry, Jim Gordon of Cape Wind, but I guess opposing this doesn’t make me a “rational observer” to your way of thinking, but I can live with that.

No comments: