Thursday, October 18, 2007

Reid's Dirty Deed (update)

I'm absolutely astonished, though maybe I shouldn't be (Prof. Marcus has more, as does FDL here).

I expected the Repugs and their media acolytes to try and cut Dodd off at the knees, but HARRY REID??!!

I'm linking to Bob Geiger here from his post in July about the awful approval ratings of Congress being part of a long-term trend that started before the 110th was installed, but the fact remains that Reid's action is utterly unconscionable, and this is not going to help the approval rating one bit.

I've said before that I'd rather there were only 10 Democrats in Congress acting responsibly versus 90 Repugs, with the 10 constantly losing but standing by their principles, I'd feel more comfortable with that than I do with this nonsense.

If you want to contact Senator Reid and give him a piece of your mind, as it were, click here (I just did so a few minutes ago).

Update 1 10/19: Chris Dodd is THE MAN for this (h/t Atrios) - backgrounder here.

Update 2 10/19: Welcome to the party, Joe (figuratively, and literally too in a way).

No comments: