I’ll admit that I didn’t know exactly the position of John Edwards on drugs, but what follows is important information on this issue (from here):
• Help convicts with drug counseling & job counseling. (Jun 2007)I don’t know how Edwards feels about denial of student aid for relatively minor drug convictions based on the 1998 Act, so I sent him a message about it a few minutes ago.
• Supports drug courts and alternatives to incarceration. (Mar 2004)
• Disparity in penalty for crack vs. powder is not justified. (Jan 2004)
• Admits having smoked marijuana. (Nov 2003)
• Voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses. (Nov 1999)
• Rated B- by VOTE-HEMP, indicating a pro-hemp voting record. (Dec 2003)
I’ll let you know what I find out.