Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where's The Outrage Now, Inky?

(The Orwell quote is, "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it," in case that's not visible.)

I would like to offer this quote also…

“The war is lost.”
Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV), as noted here from April of this year.

I would now like to offer this quote as well…

"I don't know that there is any victory there. We're not going to be able to defeat all the crazies in Iraq."
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA), as noted here, speaking at a town hall meeting in Mehoopany, Pa. last Sunday (registration required for this Inquirer story).

Now tell me the difference between what Reid said and what Specter said.

Need a minute? No problem, I’ll wait…





Can’t think of one? OK.

Then I’ll expect to see the chastising propaganda from Kevin Ferris in Friday’s editorial section attacking Specter with a sympathetic quote from one of our service people.

I’ll also expect Michael Smerconish, Flush Limbore and the other right-wing radio propagandists to verbally assault Our Man Arlen to a sufficient degree where he knows he’d better refrain from such utterances in the future that do not “support our troops.”

I’ll also expect Stu Bykofsky of the Daily News to write another “sick bastard” screed about how this country should suffer another terrorist attack to “wake us up” in response to comments like those of Specter’s that don’t show total, unequivocal support for The Now And Forever You Godless Bedwetting Liberal Ingrate Questioning Our Leader George W. Bush Global War On Terra, Terra, Terra Now And Forever!!

I’ll also expect the Inquirer to publish another ridiculously propagandistic Glenn McCoy cartoon again, possibly with Arlen Specter dressed up in a monkey suit and cowering in the shadow of fundamentalist Muslim terrorists (of course, if it does appear, I’ll never see, it – thankfully, we no longer receive the hardcopy version of the Inquirer, which will allow me to make good on my promise never to endure another Glenn McCoy cartoon again for as long as I live).

Better keep up your guard, Arlen. Your “independent, moderate” tendencies are showing again.

No comments: