Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesday Videos

Puddle Of Mudd ("Famous" - a few "F" bombs, but a great song)...



...Happy 40th Birthday to Noel Gallagher of Oasis, who hopefully won't make a total fool of himself partying over it (an acoustic version of "Champagne Supernova" performed by Ben Folds Five I believe, with video of Oasis performing)...



...Happy Birthday also to Gary Brooker of Procal Harum ("Conquistador" recorded on German TV in 1976; yes, I know the video and vocals are out of sync, but I love this version - at the time, the band consisted of Brooker on piano, Chris Copping on Hammond organ, Mick Grabham on guitar, Alan Cartwright on bass, and the drummer was probably B.J. Wilson)...



...and this would have been the 90th birthday of President John F. Kennedy; here he is speaking about freedom of the press with images that are largely relevant to the present day, and I know there is little I need say to point out the sad irony of his fine words.

No comments: