Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Videos

The Darkness ("Growing On Me" - takes about a minute to get going, but then it rocks; I'm sorry, but the guitar flying out of the lake like that is right out of "Spinal Tap," and I don't think I've ever been mooned in a video before)...



...Happy belated birthday to David Ball of Soft Cell ("Tainted Love," the group's 1981 cover of the 1964 R&B hit by Gloria Jones - I hope this guy isn't supposed to be Caligula; yep, 2:38 is about as much of this as I can stand)...



...and Jerry Weiss and George Wadenius of Blood, Sweat and Tears celebrated birthdays this week ("God Bless The Child," a great cover of the Billie Holliday standard, with David Clayton-Thomas on vocals)...



...and oh yeah, here's a song by The Ramones about that movie that opened today (will there be a fourth one?).

No comments: