Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Videos

Grace Potter And The Nocturnals ("Treat Me Right")...



...Little Walter would have been 77 on May 1st ("Dead Presidents," spacey animation and all, and I'd like to dedicate this to the Repug nominees for the White House in '08 who, apparently, were tripping all over themselves trying to verbally fellate The Sainted Ronnie R. tonight in the debate - beyond that, I'm not saying another word)...



...Happy 70th birthday to Frankie Valli of The Four Seasons ("Let's Hang On" eviscerated for '60s T.V. - I'm sure the roar of polyester and the drama of bouffant hairdos are on full display tonight at 9th and Christian in South Philadelphia)...



...and a great big Happy 88th Birthday wish goes out tonight to the one and only Pete Seeger ("Bring Them Home," from about the same time as the Four Seasons clip, with an intro by David Steinberg - I don't need to say a word about the parallels to now, do I?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring Em Home. For those of us who lived through those times, this video moved me to tears. I needed to cry for a long while...and it felt good to let it flow.
I was a new mom when Seeger sang this...and now that baby's son, my grandson is going to Iraq in Nov.

Thanks for Frankie Valli video...more memories....but that was a happy one...danced with my husband to his music. When we still touched each other while dancing.

I saw Valli on the Sopranos, almost did not recognize him. I have a magic mirror in my minds eye and we are all still 20 something.

doomsy said...

You're welcome (I have a mirror like that too, by the way, and in its reflection, I'm wearing sideburns and bell bottoms and everyone in my workplace speaks English...guess I'd better not "go there," though).

Thanks for the nice remembrances.