Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tinky Winky Goes Gangsta

Hey, at least he didn't shoot an elderly hunting companion in the face, right (and I was kind of amused by this).

Apparently, according to the news reports from Yahoo and Comcast's The Fan, the Tinky Winky dolls had been recalled six years ago, but this one may have been resold.

(Here's the link to The Fan on Comcast.)

I know I shouldn't bust on this show because it really is good for kids from the age of about 1 1/2 or so to about 3 or 4, and especially because Jerry Falwell was mad at it because he thought Tinky Winky was gay or something (hey, if Falwell didn't like it, it must be good), but any adult watching this for long hours with a child is eventually going to get a bit addled in the head (maybe it explains some things about me I guess - insert free shot here).

Besides, I always wondered if Laa Laa and Dipsy had a 'thang going on. Dipsy, by the way, was the only kids TV character I ever saw whose complexion changed over time; he got progressively darker. When the series began, he was lighter skinned than the Mayflower ancestors reunion at a New Greenwich, CT country club, and when the series ended, he looked like a 'rasta.

Well, I wish Tinky Winky all the best. Good luck beating the rap.

By the way, the "Real Time Update" is a great big question mark this week. I'll try my best to get to it.

Update: I just found out the show will be off this week, so I should be able to crank something out in a few days for last week (the show with Ben Affleck and Cynthia McKinney, etc.).

No comments: