Friday, April 07, 2006

The Couric Evening News

Congratulations to the new CBS Evening News anchor. I see that happy talk, no-news news with just a dash of in-depth, confrontational reporting has just about totally absorbed the legacy of hard-hitting journalism represented by landmark works such as “CBS Reports” and “See It Now.” And I’m sure that paragon of corporate integrity Les Moonves will take a break from overseeing the lawyers who are trying to find out how many times Howard Stern referred to Sirius on his old radio show as part of the lawsuit to approve Couric’s deal.

I won’t feel any sense of enthusiasm or excitement until the network decides, if it ever does, to open more overseas bureaus and provide more substantive analysis of the day’s top stories (yes, I know…and then I woke up).

No comments: