Monday, September 05, 2005

Apple Doesn't Rot Far From The Tree

A great big nod of gratitude to DavidNYC and The Daily Kos for this one (makes my skin crawl)...

Barbara Bush - the woman whom no less an authority than Dick Nixon said "knows how to hate," the woman who didn't want to trouble her "beautiful mind" with thoughts of "body bags and deaths" - has now offered us yet another gem. After visting refugees staying at the Houston Astrodome, she had this to say:

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this (she chuckled slightly)--this is working very well for them."

What a cold, callous, wretched ghoul of a person. I just don't even know what else to say.
Neither do I. Previously, I had a modicum of respect for her. That is gone.

4 comments:

Stephen M. Bauer said...

I saw George Bush senior and his wife Barbara Bush on TV tonight. I just got such a sense of people born with a silver spoon in their mouths their whole lives, just skating over the whole issue.

doomsy said...

Yep, that about nails it for the two of them as far as I'm concerned as well. Did you know that Poppy Bush's father sold steel to Hitler before World War II?

I have some respect for Poppy because he served this country in government and military service, and he knew how to prosecute Gulf War I. To say I have no respect for his namesake in the Oval Office is as big an understatement as you can imagine.

Thanks for posting an actual comment without trying to publicize an online business or product. I have to say, though, that I checked your blog and found it to be very interesting (for real). I'll do so again later - great taste in movies also.

Please stop by again - good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I heard that callous comment.. and I was appalled. I used to think she was the only Bush with brains, but obviously I was so wrong. Maybe she's getting alzheimers.. or just losing her mind watching her son destroy this country.

doomsy said...

I did too, but we're now seeing the Bush clan for what they really are. At least Poppy served in the military and in government. Also, do you know that the Bush family money really comes from the women, not the men? Makes me wonder who is the more ruthless between the two. Thanks for checking in.