Friday, September 30, 2022

Friday Stuff


John and Caroline Johnson discuss the latest MAGA insanity related to January 6th, and that is the clip of the insurrectionist nuts trying to cover the cops with that tarp/Trump flag, or whatever that madness was...as far as I’m concerned, just prosecuting those responsible isn’t enough – we need to find out everything on how this was all bankrolled, who paid for transportation for these lunatics (including Bri-Fi pal Jim Worthington as noted here)...EVERY SINGLE DETAIL on all of this should be found out, and if we can’t prosecute everyone responsible, they need to be held up for public ridicule at a minimum (maybe cold comfort I know)...



...and speaking of the treasonous events against our government, it's pretty hard IMO to take issue with this Don Winslow clip on Ginni Thomas in light of this - one set of rules for the rich and powerful, and another set for everyone else of course...



...and when it comes to people who think rules don't apply to them, Mike Figueredo (not him) of The Humanist Report tells us about some wingnut lawyer at the Pacific Legal Foundation (of course) based in Indiana, who claims to have standing, bringing a suit against Biden’s student debt cancellation initiative (yep, the whole damn program is means tested and voluntary, so I don't know what else Biden is supposed to do – and I think “selfish prick” says it pretty well...NSFW/H)...



...and Brian Tyler Cohen discusses the recent remarks in the U.S. House from Dem Rep Elissa Slotkin concerning the typical GOP pig-headed intransigence over a veterans funding bill...and I know it’s a shock to find out that it’s over ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION and ABORTION (yeah, not really I know)...



...and this More Perfect union clip tells us about Dem auto shop owner Marie G. Perez running against wingnut Joe Kent in Washington’s 3rd U.S. Congressional District...I don’t buy into her framing 100 percent that Dems have blown off rural America, but I give her credit for trying to make a difference, and she’s right on the issues of course...and Matt Gaetz is one of the VERY LAST people I would seek an endorsement from – actually, I’d tell him to get lost if he tried to give me one (and I thought this was interesting...and to help Perez, click here – slightly NSFW/H)...



Update 10/25/22: And why am I not surprised by this?

Update 11/13/22: CONGRATULATIONS!

...and Thom Hartmann asks if Big Oil is price-gouging to try and screw over Democrats; as far as I’m concerned, if you have to ask a question like that, you basically already know the answer...



...and I guess you could say that this is a bit of a wonky clip from Vox on Western U.S. water usage, and how much of that precious resource is used by consumers vs. the agriculture industry (overwhelmingly, it’s by the latter, and I’m sure we’ve already passed the tipping point where we need a new strategy)...



...and happy 47th birthday to David Geraghty of Bell X1 (the band, that is).

No comments: