Monday, October 03, 2022

Monday Stuff


Comedy filmmaker Adam McKay brings us this snarky little item about Chevron and our dirty energy criminals doing all they can on behalf of perpetuating climate change...I think this pretty much says it (NSFW/H)...



...and Jayar, Cenk and Ben Carollo of TYT tell us about Repug U.S. House candidate J.R. Majewski, running against Dem incumbent Marcy Kaptur in a redistricted seat; yes, Majewski did serve, but I guess it’s too much trouble to be honest about it (more here)...



...oh, and Farron Cousins says that, recently, “Strip Search Sammy” Alito said that you can’t criticize the SCOTUS...I have many responses to that disgusting, self-entitled comment, and one of them is here from “the old gray lady”...



...and I haven’t checked in with Kyle Kulinski in a while, but I thought this was a good segment on Iron Mountain CEO William Meaney saying he’s “praying for inflation” to jack up prices – reporting by Jon Schwarz and Ken Klippenstein...and yeah, “very strong pricing power” by Iron Mountain’s CFO is corporate-speak for price gouging; I wish I could disagree with Kyle’s economic analysis heading into the mid-terms, but I can’t at the moment (briefly NSFW/H)...



...and sticking with the economy, the latest from Second Thought asks “Why Is Everything Turning Into Uber?,” and the answer is that the so-called “gig” economy is growing because workers are always on call, they don’t get benefits, and they get paid lousy wages...what’s not for a corporatist greed head CEO to love?...



...and I really haven't had a "relationship" song/video in a little while, so I hope this newer tune will suffice.

No comments: