Saturday, September 30, 2017

Saturday Stuff


And yet, somehow, our sick, demented, attention-span-deficit toddler child of a “president” actually made things worse today for Puerto Rico (here and here)…


…and I thought this was some particularly good commentary by Farron Cousins about regretful Trump voters, and I’m not surprised that the catalyst for this commentary is Vice News, which, as far as I’m concerned, has the most courageous reporters on earth still practicing the actual craft – and it is that – of journalism; how in God’s name someone could vote for Obama and then turn around and vote for Trump is something I’ll never understand, but this did happen last year…I like the fact that Cousins emphasizes that trying to talk down to people will only make the problem worse…yes, I know I get snarky here at this site, but it’s because I’m trying to communicate a message in my admittedly imperfect way…I have never claimed to be the smartest person in the room and I wouldn’t do that because I’m not – I just believe that I have valuable information to share to help people make up their own minds, and make of that what you will – that has always been my goal here, and that remains so…



Update 10/7/17: That being said, I think we need to keep this in mind also.

…and I have to admit that this “Resistance” commentary about the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL is a little personal for me, and of course I agree with K.O. – only an idiot would argue that Sidney Crosby isn’t the best hockey player on earth, having led his team to back-to-back Stanley Cup wins as Olbermann notes as well as a good deal of “hardware” for himself, but as somewhat of a lapsed Flyers fan, I should tell you that Crosby, along with his equally odious (but incredibly talented also) teammate Evgeni Malkin, engage in their own goonish, crybaby antics on the ice (to say nothing of the Pens as an organization, which staged a brawl over a few games with the hardly-innocent-themselves Winnipeg Jets that led to suspensions and injuries to each other’s players, with Pittsburgh GM Jim Rutherford complaining about those very antics while he recalled minor league goon Tom Sestito to deliberately injure a Jet player in response)…what on earth does any of this have to do with giving tacit endorsement to the behavior of the Gropenfuhrer? Maybe not a lot I’ll admit, but it fits into a pattern of organizational tone-deafness as far as I’m concerned…



…and in other political news this week, it looks like Repug Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee won’t seek re-election, and guess who may decide to jump into the fray and run in response, as noted here? Why, none other than Marsha Blackburn (and by the way, in the following clip, Blackburn won’t tell you, of course, that “cutting discretionary spending” means kicking the “poors,” and when she praises the states for supposedly doing a good job, what she’s really talking about is this…)



…and kudos to former Dubya ethics lawyer (yes, that actually was a job for real with that bunch) Richard Painter for standing in opposition to President Tiny-Handed Treasonous Egomaniac here…


…and related somewhat to Painter and his justifiable words, I give you this as a “don’t-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-out” gesture to departing HHS Secretary Tom Price.

No comments: