Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday Stuff


I’m not sure if I’m totally onboard with K.O. here on not standing for the anthem, but I DEFINITELY support what he tells us here otherwise; if someone decides to protest the anthem, that right should be respected without a doubt (and I also DEFINITELY respect the courage of Oakland A’s catcher Bruce Maxwell, among others)…



…and speaking of courage, two days ago marked the 60th anniversary of President Eisenhower’s use of the 101st Airborne on behalf of the “Little Rock 9” allowing them to enter high school (imagine the caterwauling if a president, especially a Democrat, tried that today – Fix Noise would be screaming for impeachment)…



…and though I know it’s hard to keep up with all of the outrages of Generalissimo Trump, I would say that allowing Puerto Rico to die is particularly horrible (to help, click here)…


…and today is National Voter Registration Day; the video is from two years ago, but it definitely still applies, now more than ever as far as I’m concerned…



…and lost in all of the political flotsam over the thoroughly justifiable demise of Graham-Cassidy is the truly courageous vote of Sen. John McCain; if he is nearing the end, then he definitely is going out like a hero (McCain’s struggle will end one way or the other eventually and his good name will stand up for all time – on balance I’ll admit given some past misdeeds, but they pale in comparison now – but the stupidity of Louie Gohmert is eternal)…



…and Turner Classic Movies is showing the D.A. Pennebaker film of the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival at the moment, which reminds me that I utterly blew it by failing to acknowledge the 50th anniversary last June – please allow me to make up somewhat for that oversight with this memorable performance.

No comments: