Friday, July 07, 2017

Friday Stuff

I was going to put up another snarky pic with our Problem Child In Chief, but since this is the week in which we observe July 4th, I thought this was more appropriate (and I know Number 45 groveled on cue to our former ol’ buddy Vlad Putin today, here and herehow pathetic).

For more background, Rachel Maddow told us about the last time the “Gropenfuhrer” met with his Russian operatives here (this was a nice “B” block, and her “A” block was pretty good also)…



(Kudos, BTW, to TRMS for being on their guard against the likely-faked docs...personally, I smell Roger Stone...but there’s a big legal dif between the Dubya Air National Guard stuff and the Trumpian crap which is being investigated by grand juries and congressional committees…and again, since we were talking about the Bushes, 43 could have just said “Yeah, I was wrong to skip out on my Guard service for 18 months – my bad,” pay a fine and that would have been it…but again, we’re talking about the Bushies who once outed an undercover operative tracking loose nukes named Valerie Plame, so OF COURSE they had to do everything they could to UTTERLY DESTROY their accusers with relatively inconsequential nonsense such as the age of typewriter keys, letter signatures, letterhead, and other irrelevant crap...as opposed to the FACTS and EVIDENCE in the documentation...and install BFF Dick Thornburgh to seal the “investigation” of the CBS reporting exactly how they wanted it).

...and Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich tells us all of the ways that our Twitter-inflicted chief executive has delivered for what was once called the “evil empire” (remember that one? And from The Sainted Ronnie R? My, how Repugs have changed)…


…and David Pakman tells us that more people polled want President Fergus Laing impeached than approve – wow, I don’t even think Dubya managed to pull that off…



…and according to this NowThis video, it looks like our outlaw regime in charge is getting push-back on its requests for voter information (though cautionary notes are here and here)…


…and with that in mind, Thom Hartmann talks with Greg Palast about the latest in voter suppression from Generalissimo Trump and Kris Kobach, this time in Georgia, though they plan to roll out these ridiculous (and likely illegal) voter mailing cards across the country – yep, a variant on “voter caging” all right (and yeah, I’m not a bit surprised that the statewide Repugs are really LYING on the issue of sending the voter lists to Trump/Kobach…and I can’t think of a word for the fact that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, allegedly a Dem, has caved on this – I don’t care that it started under his predecessor’s watch or not)…



…also, I couldn’t let the week end with this GREAT report from John Oliver on the efforts of Sinclair Broadcast Group to take over local TV stations (timed for what would be its merger with Tribune Media - here...NSFW)…



…and yeah, I know this is a real shocker (removing my tongue from my cheek), but it turns out that Hobby Lobby is now resorting to the "stupidity defense" in the case of the Iraqi artifacts it illegally smuggled into this country - great, first they deny health care to their women employees, and now they fund terrorists. Heckuva job! (more here)...



…and I don’t know how many people besides me know this, but today is World Chocolate Day; in response, I know this is a bit tangential of a tune, but I like it anyway.

No comments: