Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Stuff

Seth Meyers weighs in on the Gianforte/Quist congressional election in Montana, won by the Repug (I’d never seen that “Wrestlemania” clip or whatever that was of the “Gropenfuhrer,” but I’m not surprised to see him blindside someone and give him a tiny-handed beating)…



…and when it comes to policy, I give you this GREAT video from Sen. Chris Murphy about what Generalissimo Trump and his pals are doing to the ACA…


…and in case you think that, somehow, there actually isn’t a human cost to this…


…and speaking of health-related matters, this tells us something we already know; namely, that we, as a nation, need to make better food choices…


….and turning to President Impulse Control Child and his loathsome budget, I give you Amberia, Ben and Ana of TYT telling us about the recent exchange between Sen. Bernie Sanders and Trumpster Mick Mulvaney (I thought the analysis of this was really good – when it comes to “optics,” and “theater,” you could give Mulvaney a point or two, but when it comes to the reality of the policy, it’s typically Dickensian from the typical crew of idiots, criminals and frauds…and by the way, here is more on the estate tax)…



…and when it comes to high net worth people, I would argue that there is a dotted line at the very least (as opposed to perhaps a neon stripe) between these folks and corporations, and former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich reminded us here on 5/27/15 why they need to pay their fair share too…yep, you guessed it – time once more for “This Day In Doomsy History”…



…and as I watch this, I realize that maybe I’d better come around on “Cape Wind”; we’ll find out the latest on that in a couple of months…


…and here’s another tune from 1967.

No comments: