Monday, October 03, 2016

Monday Stuff

I thought these two recent segments from Rachel Maddow were pretty good; the first tells us about Gerry Ford’s infamous debate gaffe about the Soviet Union not running things in Eastern Europe as he alleged in the debate with Jimmy Carter, and you definitely can argue that that had a lot to do with Ford losing….



…and the Ford segment sets up this piece on Trump needing those anti-Castro Cubans in FLA, even though – oopsie! – “The Donald” ended up doing business with Castro, which, among other things, happened to be completely illegal (the "mistress from hell" pic of HRC at about 3:45 is particularly adolescent, by the way)…



…and K.O. tells us how the presidential race is being handicapped by those who do such things for a living (illuminating as always as far as I’m concerned)…



...and I thought this was funny stuff from Bill Maher on "The Donald" (I got a kick out of "Unpopular Science" in particular…Steve Moore was as big a tool bag throughout the show as you would expect, by the way)…



..and aside from questioning millennial support at the end (something to consider in light of this I think), I thought that Gov. Howard Dean made some solid points about the media coverage in this campaign here - and I'm the last person in the world who will defend "Donald Drumpf," but Dean's coke remark really was inexcusable...



...and RIP Sir Neville Marriner (yes, I know, "culture" twice in a row - can we stand it? And an "autumnal" video too!).

No comments: