Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Stuff

Yeah, this is about all of this hot mess that I can tolerate…



…and part of this video makes me laugh, and part of it makes me cringe (after reading about this, I think Trump and Rubio ought to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror before they say anything about who is "poorley educated")...



…and it looks like the “banksters” are ramping up a bit when it comes to mortgages, though, if B of A can be trusted (a big “if”), it sounds like they may do it right this time; another insightful report from Al Jazeera America, which is going to shut down soon – truly a loss for us all because of their fine work...



...and within the context of the Democratic presidential primary, I thought this was an informative look back at the Clinton years with Chris Hayes, Joy Reid, and Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich...



…and Thom Hartmann brings us economic and labor news for the week (oh, great – the “one percent” is going to outlive us, on top of everything else, and dropping language classes is pretty damn stupid in this day and age)…



…and I thought this was a great story from earlier in the week honoring women computing pioneers (6 in particular) timed for the 70th anniversary of the building of the ENIAC Computer, which took place at the U of P – backgrounder appears in the video…



...and with Tinseltown ready to host its annual soiree this Sunday, Lawrence O'Donnell's brought us what I thought was a great "Rewrite" segment on Wednesday (I'm sure Chris Rock will address the whole "diversity" thing somehow...after watching this, I included "Beasts Of No Nation" on our Netflix queue)...



…and with that in mind, here is a song about movies from this list; I started the week with Steely Dan, so I might as well end with them too.

No comments: