Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday Stuff

Yes I know, he's really just an entertainer when you get down to it and you could argue whether or not he should be held to the same standard as a journalist, but I'm sorry...I thought this was a really repellent moment from Bill Maher, though he did make up for it a little with this (and I'll overlook the remark about religion...NSFW of course)...



(Actually, I had a talk with the teenaged one about the Irving, Texas thing, and he pointed out that Ahmed Mohammed probably would have been treated this way regardless of his ethnicity because the school apparently had a zero-tolerance policy, and also the boy was warned to put the briefcase away and he didn't do it. I'll admit that there may be more to this than meets the eye, but I'm tired of listening to Maher lecture liberals about political correctness, as if that's anywhere near the pressing issue that Maher thinks it is relative to the other real, honest-to-goodness issues we really have to deal with in this country.)

…and changing topics - I’ll admit that I’m biased on this subject, but I think those women on “The View” (Including Joy Behar, who I thought had more sense) were idiots to attack Miss Colorado for appearing in her scrubs in that pageant and talking the way she did about her patients – I don’t think there was anything wrong with that, and I think Kelley Johnson should be commended for it, actually…



…and “Who will you make peace with?” is a great question – I have a couple of candidates – TBD…



…and how about a tune for the occasion?

No comments: